Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chemistry of Anodization Part2

This will probably be my last post as my co-op has ended. It was a valuable learning experience and I am sorry that I did not post more but I didn't want to be redundant. I hope this will benefit others in some way. If anyone who visits this site has any questions, feel free to ask.

I have found that each anodization is unique which is due to deviations of concentration in solution preparation and temperature. Such can be found in this research paper:
The effect of temperature and concentration on the self-organized pore formation in anodic alumina. M Almasi Kashi and A Ramazani, Institute of Physics Publishing, 38 (2005), 2396-2399.
Reproduced by permission of ESC - The Electrochemical Society
Conditions for fabrication of ideally ordered anodic porous alumina using pre-textured Al.
Hidetaka Asoh, Kazuyuki Nishio, Masashi Nakao, Toshiaki Tamamura, Hideki MasudaJournal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol148 (4), B152-B156, 2001

Though I can't say that all of my anodizations went perfect....
Unfortunately this happened due to the anode stirp comming in contact with the stainless steel screw. I am not sure how long it went on but the high current was enough to burn through the fiberglass circuit board.

Happy Anodizing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home